Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Home, is where I want to be ...

I've been in this weird place/phase lately where nothing and no one feels like home. This video and this version of the song reminds me that home does exist. It just needs to be rediscovered. The video shows off David Byrne's on-stage kookiness which I'm sure made him great during his hay-day. His outcries during the song make me get up and holler the lyrics to the top of my lungs. Checkout this display of synchronicity. (You Tube link)

Talking Heads - This Must Be the Place (live)



I've never been a big fan of Talking Heads. Some of their songs I really like (this one, Once in a Lifetime, Psycho killer, Road to Nowhere), and some I don't care for. The studio recording of this song sounds completely different so be aware before you run off to getting it.

My brother, from another mother, who is a struggling genial architect, shared this video with me and since then I play this video at least once a week - which is more than I see him!

No comments: