Saturday, October 11, 2008

Jesu - Why We Are Not Perfect




Jesu has been around for about 5 years and each album actually holds some uniqueness to it.  Some records are quite heavy and toy with the metal and drone genres.  Why We Are Not Perfect is their latest release and is a 5 track EP.  This one however seems like what-you-would-get if you mixed Isis with Boards of Canada, baked the  mix at 375º F and glazed with ambient marmalade on top.  Tasty?  Not for most, but you'll have to try.  When I added it to my mp3 library I notieced the Genre label of 'doom avantgarde' and was somewhat discouraged because I think thats cheesy.  After listening anyway it redeemed itself as appropriate. 

The title track and farewell are the coolest ones in my opinion.

Mostly instrumental with some soft lyrics here and there - this is best enoyed during long walks on the beach or just hanging out in bed, your living room, or car.  





No comments: