Thursday, May 1, 2008

heyedgar: One of the Greatest Beings I've Ever Met



This post is a tribute to a special friend of mine. I'm at work right now and don't have time to give a full descriptive exposition on my experience with Edgar Gonzalez so instead I will share a few of his own original quotes that were posted on a site communicating a memorial tennis tournament dedicated to him.

In Edgar's words:

You are #1 in every book I've ever written!!!

It would be a good life that I lived if I spent it bragging about my friends.

That's what you gotta learn: science isn't something done in class or in books or with lab coats. Science is a form of inquiry and experiment and notation. It includes kissing and stars and moons so bright they gauge your eyeballs out.

I think all you need in order to play squash, and I mean to play it well, is an ability to smile!

Thank you for being in the world.

Until then keep your feet on the ground while you reach for the stars,
Edgar

He will not be forgotten.


No comments: