Sunday, July 5, 2009

Videos inspired by the new Akron/Family record.

Over the past couple weeks there are a few records I keep going back to and the new Akron/Family "Set 'em Wild, Set 'em Free" is one of them. There's something about the sound that keeps me locked in. I found two videos on Vimeo where there music is featured and wanted to share them here.

One of the videos includes what is currently my favorite song on the new album "River." I have no idea what the video montage is about but I think the song is so good that I get mesmerized and end up watching the whole video. Towards the end of the video there's a closing clip with zombies that seems out of place. On that closing clip the music changes featuring a different band called St. Vincent. Not to be confused with a different Akron/Family title.

The other video is actually of them performing someplace in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. On this video they're playing "Sun Will Shine" which I think is the masterpiece on the new record. It's a public performance in an outdoor area and the band really lets the audience have it face to face.



No comments: