Wednesday, February 6, 2008

59




59 is a special number. In binary it is read as 110111. It starts with my favorite number 5 and is followed by a perfect square, 9 (3 x 3).

Today is a Wednesday. The hump of the week as they call it. I had a dream last night where i was in some stop motion cartoon smoking cigarettes. The dream then cuts to where I see myself on a silkscreen positive and someone pressed me onto a shirt. I was put to dry and my point of view from the drying rack was absolutely claustrophobic. Then I was removed and saw many versions of me in different colors and all I remember thinking was that I wanted to have a cafe con leche and tostada one more time. It was strange. I woke up feeling guilty.

It is now 59 days since I've quit smoking. Wikipedia said some cool stuff about 59 and when I read it I was prompted to write this post. Here it is:

Acknowledged:
Fifty-nine is the 17th smallest prime number. The next is sixty-one, with which it comprises a twin prime. 59 is an irregular prime, a safe prime and the 14th supersingular prime. It is an Eisenstein prime with no imaginary part and real part of the form 3n − 1. Since 15! + 1 is divisible by 59 but 59 is not one more than a multiple of 15, 59 is a Pillai prime.

No comments: