Sunday, July 5, 2009

Frankel - Anyonymity is the New Fame


Frankel - Anonymity is the New Fame (2009)
Download via Rapidshare
Official band site.

I got this record by association really. I was looking for new pop record. I can't remember how I found this but the cover, I think, is what got me. It reminded me of Arcade Fire's Funeral, probably because of the similarity between diagonal composition of this album art and the feather on Funeral.

The music is very soft with clear vocals, gentle guitars, defining keyboards, pianos, and subtle to amplifying percussion. It was exactly what I was looking for. I think this record is like 3 parts Elliot Smith, 2 parts The Shins, 1 part Catpower, and 1 part Blur. Among other tastes and satisfactions, the record makes for perfect Sunday music.. Favorite songs thus far include:

  • Faux Science
  • Nowhere
  • Weather Balloon
  • Comfortable
  • Keep You Inside

No comments: